I recently did some analysis of Observation Manager, which brought up some interesting facts and numbers, I’d like to share: (all Numbers/facts from Sep. 2011)
- Total lines of code: 62.786 (where Java makes 76% of the code, 13% is XSL Transformations)
- Number of downloads: 11.414 (Observation Manager complete, or parts of it)
- Top 10 download countries: Germany, followed by the U.S., France, Italy, Russia, Croatia, Australia, Brazil, Ukraine and the U.K.
- Majority of users use: Windows
- Every month adds ~100+ new downloads
- 8 Languages are supported: English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Dutch, Finnish, Italian
I started Observation Manager as a tiny tool, i could use personally for my astro observations. I’m still overwhelmed of what Observation Manager is today.
So keep using Observation Manager, spread the word about it, link it, tell me what you like and tell me what’s missing/what doesn’t work for you.