Observation Manager 1.221 was just released.
Please update to the new version to receive a bunch of bug fixes:
Download the latest version as usual at:
Observation Manager 1.121 is out!
Finally the new version of Observation Manager is out.
The new version contains:
- Online version update checks
- Better SkyChart integration
- FULL <OAL> 2.1 support
- 9 languages: English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Dutch, Italian, Finnish, Spanish
Download the new version now!
With the amazing work of Gonzalo Cao Cabeza de Vaca, Observation Manager is now translated into spanish (in version
1.121). As ~450 million people in the world speak spanish, this is a tremendous step forward in making Observation
Manager available to its users in their mother tongue.
Spanish is the 9th language, in which you can run Observation Manager.
Wanna make your mother tongue no. 10? Contact me!
Besides the already announced finnish translation in 1.121, the new version will also contain an italian translation.
Again a user volunteered to translate Observation Manager into his mother tongue. Thanks Luigi Pirozzi for your efforts,
making Observation Manager better accessible for italian speaking users!
You’re missing your mother tongue? Contact me to translate Observation Manager!
If Observation Manager is currently not available in your mother tongue, and you’d like to translate it, please contact me!
I recently did some analysis of Observation Manager, which brought up some interesting facts and numbers, I’d like to share: (all Numbers/facts from Sep. 2011)
- Total lines of code: 62.786 (where Java makes 76% of the code, 13% is XSL Transformations)
- Number of downloads: 11.414 (Observation Manager complete, or parts of it)
- Top 10 download countries: Germany, followed by the U.S., France, Italy, Russia, Croatia, Australia, Brazil, Ukraine and the U.K.
- Majority of users use: Windows
- Every month adds ~100+ new downloads
- 8 Languages are supported: English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Dutch, Finnish, Italian
I started Observation Manager as a tiny tool, i could use personally for my astro observations. I’m still overwhelmed of what Observation Manager is today.
So keep using Observation Manager, spread the word about it, link it, tell me what you like and tell me what’s missing/what doesn’t work for you.
Hello out there,
it’s been a while, but Observation Manager is still alive. I’m currently finalizing the next version (1.121) of Observation Manager.
New features and bugfixes which will be included:
- Finnish translation (possibly italian, too)
- <OAL 2.1> support
- Autom. updater
- HotKeys (Ctrl+S for Save, …)
- Enhance SkyChart extension (better Hit rate & stability)
So stay tuned…